International Mentoring Centre
What we offer
The International Mentoring Centre offers a variety of valuable services to all University of Ottawa international and exchange students. Our student mentors are available to answer any questions you may have about:
- Canadian culture;
- Student life;
- Challenges you could face during your university career
Please note that in an effort to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all of our in-person services are suspended. However, the international mentors are happy to help you virtually with any questions you may have on these topics.
How to use our services
- Contact the international mentors by:
- Book a virtual appointment with your mentor (via MS Teams):
- Book your one-on-one appointment with a mentor by consulting the booking calendar.
- Please note that you can book an appointment with a mentor of your home country or region.
Note: All students have access to Microsoft Teams at teams.microsoft.com. The Microsoft Teams app can be downloaded on Apple, Android, and Windows mobile devices and onto your personal computers. Students can login using their student uOttawa email address and uOZone password.
Hours of operation
- Fall and Winter terms
Monday* to Friday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Excluding Tuesdays from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm, noon)
- Spring and Summer terms
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Exam periods
By appointment only (international mentors are also writing exams)
For more information on exam periods and other dates, please consult the list of important academic dates and deadlines.