Photo and video contest
2017-2018 Photo and Video Contest Winners
Photo contest winners:
Video contest winners:
The International Office's Photo and Video Contest
Once the contest has closed, winners will be announced at the end of September
The Photo and Video Contest aims to promote our exchange destinations, and reward your creative talents. We are looking for original photos that showcase your host country and your experience with the University of Ottawa exchange program.
The Photo and Video Contest is open to all University of Ottawa students who completed an exchange offered by the International Office during the previous academic year.
Use of submissions
In applying to the contest, participants agree that their photos and/or videos may be used by the International Office for purposes of promotion, advertising, and written and electronic documentation.
Ownership of submissions
All photos and videos submitted to the International Office Photo and Video Contest become the property of the International Office of the University of Ottawa. Winners of the video portion of the contest must submit the original file and a consent form signed by the people appearing in the video before claiming their prize.
The University of Ottawa is not responsible for submissions that are incorrect, damaged, destroyed, lost, late, incomplete, illegible, altered, with a wrong address or misdirected. The University is not responsible for any damage or loss resulting the photo and video competition or relating to it. The submitted photographs and videos that do not meet all contest rules posted are not eligible. All submissions become the property of the International Office of the University of Ottawa. By submitting photos and videos to this contest, participants agree that they understand all the contest rules.
For questions about the photography and video competition, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must be submitted via our online form no later than July 31, 2018.
Please note that email submissions will not be accepted.
- You may submit up to three photographs along with this form.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a title and a brief statement of about 50 words about your exchange and the significance of the picture.
- We are looking for original photos that show off your student exchange and your qualities as an ambassador of the University of Ottawa.
- Quality of the photo;
- Originality and quality of the statement accompanying your photo;
- The photo must have been taken in the country in which you have completed your exchange.
- Note: submissions that clearly display the University of Ottawa logo will be granted extra points.
- First prize: $ 400
- Second prize: $ 200
- Voter's choice: $ 200
If the student is selected for two prizes, they will receive that which is of a higher value.
All submissions must be uploaded to YouTube or other video sharing site.
The deadline for submitting a video via our online form is July 31, 2018. Email submissions will not be accepted.
- The video should be maximum one minute and a half.
- Your video should focus on the following to show what struck you most during your exchange:
- Cultural differences: Has your stay outside Ontario marked you as a result of cultural particularity of your host country? Are you impressed or destabilized by an event lived abroad or custom of the host country?
- Present your campus: Let us visit the campus of your host institution! We want to see the classes, landscape and student life on campus!
- Present what struck you the most during your exchange.
- Presence of the themes mentioned above;
Please note that we will give extra points for submissions that clearly display a logo of the University of Ottawa.
- First prize: $ 550
- Second prize: $ 350