Video contest - Innovation Fund
Video contest - Innovation Fund
Show us the treasures of a country that is close to your heart by participating in our video contest and give other students a taste of the international experience they could have!
The Video contest - Innovation Fund - is intended to promote our traditional and non-traditional exchange destinations, as well as to reward your creative talents.
We are therefore looking for original videos that showcase your country in order to stimulate and increase the interest of all University of Ottawa students in international mobility, and in particular, indigenous or students from minority groups.
The video contest is open to all students and international students enrolled in a program of study at the University of Ottawa.
Prizes will be awarded for videos from our exchange destinations and a special prize for a video from a non-traditional destination (Brazil, China, Korea, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Tunisia).
Use of submissions
By applying to the contest, participants agree that the videos submitted may be used by the International Office for promotional, advertising, and written and electronic materials.
Ownership of submissions
All submissions to the International Office for the video contest become the property of the University of Ottawa International Office. Winners of the video contest will be required to submit the original file when claiming their prize, as well as the consent form signed by the persons appearing in the video of applicable.
The University of Ottawa assumes no responsibility for submissions that are incorrect, damaged, destroyed, lost, late, incomplete, illegible, altered or misdirected. The University also assumes no responsibility for any damage or loss resulting from or related to the video contest. As stated above, all submissions become the property of the University of Ottawa International Office. By submitting videos for this contest, participants agree that they understand all of the rules and regulations of the competition.
If you are in China, you may not have access to You Tube. If this is the case, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to download your video.
For questions about the video contest, email email@example.com.
* This project is funded by the Government of Canada's International Student Mobility Pilot Program.
All submissions must be uploaded to YouTube.
The deadline for submitting a video via our online form is Sunday, March 14, 2021 (midnight). Email submissions will not be accepted.
- The video should be maximum 5 minutes.
- Video should be in English or French. If other languages are used, translation or subtitles must be provided.
- Your video should contain the five themes mentioned in the following criteria:
- Differences with Canada;
- Academic institutions and the education system;
- Potential sustainable development projects;
- Indigenous Peoples, visible minorities and cultural diversity;
- The specificity and treasures of the country.
- Respect of the themes mentioned above;
- Originality and relevance.
Please note that we will give extra points for submissions that clearly display a logo of the University of Ottawa.
- First prize: $1000 (Non-traditional destinations: Brazil, China, Korea, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru and Tunisia).
- Second prize: $500 (all destinations)
- Third prize: $500 (all destinations)
The prizes will be awarded at a virtual gala at the end of March 2021!