Given the uncertainty surrounding the health crisis, travel restrictions issued by the Canadian government and border controls limiting access to several countries, the University has made the difficult decision to maintain the suspension of in-person international mobility until December 31, 2021. This applies to both incoming and outgoing students as well as to international exchanges, research internships, co-op placements, field research courses, etc.
This suspension will be in effect until December 2021.
The various units responsible for coordinating these types of mobility are working closely with their students to offer alternatives and/or to postpone their international experience. We encourage students affected by this decision to contact the appropriate unit to coordinate next steps.
However, some individuals may be allowed to travel on an exceptional basis for research or fieldwork that is considered essential. We are currently developing a formal travel review process in collaboration with key mobility stakeholders.
uOttawa students whose travel is essential to the continuation or conclusion of their academic career will need to:
- Apply for an exception and contact the International Office at uointl@uOttawa.ca.
If approved, they must then:
- Register their travel with the University;
- Submit their quarantine plan to the University upon their return to Canada;
- Follow the Government of Canada's instructions for their return to Canada; and
- Undergo testing for COVID-19 as soon as possible upon their return, as recommended by the Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
Exceptions may also be made for incoming students. They should also contact the International Office to request an exception.
If you have any other questions, please contact the International Office at uointl@uOttawa.ca.