What to do in Quarantine
Checklist for Your Quarantine Period
Welcome to uOttawa!
Curious about activities to do during the quarantine period? We’ve put together these two lists to make sure all essentials are covered. The items on the lists will help you both get ahead on your administrative tasks and keep yourself busy!
Note: Please note that this resource was mainly designed for international students arriving in Canada; therefore, some items on these lists may be less relevant to Canadian students arriving from overseas.
- Order your student card online (please note you will only be able to pick it up once you have completed your quarantine)
- If you missed it, watch the recording of your faculty’s uOrientation webinar
- Watch any personalize your uOrientation sessions that you may have missed
- Download the SecurUO app
- Browse the list of student clubs and associations you may want to join
- Plan for your mental health, wellness and fitness
- Bookmark the Mental Health and Wellness website for services, workshops and events
- Plan for your healthcare
- Register with a uOttawa doctor online
- Remember to keep a copy of your health insurance in your wallet once you receive it by mid-September
- Follow us on our social media
- International students: Follow the International Office on Instagram at @uoexperience
- If you have in-person classes, you can use ClassFind to see where your classes will take place on campus virtually
- Open a bank account: RBC, ScotiaBank, CIBC, TD Canada Trust, National Bank, Desjardins, BMO, HSBC
- Note: This process can be started and completed online in many banks due to the COVID-19 situation
2. Fun things to do during the quarantine:
- Attend the Welcome Week events virtually
- Watch TV or a movie.
- Check out some Canadian streaming websites where you can watch Canadian shows such as Crave, Netflix Canada, CBC Gem etc.
- Become familiar with shows on some Canadian TV channels online: CTV, Global, etc.
- Exercise: Check out the uOttawa virtual wellness series. There is yoga, meditation, and many other sessions planned
- If you are participating in uOConnexion, connect with your buddy virtually and get to know each other as soon as you hear from the uOConnexion team
- Fire up your Google Maps and start saving places you would like to visit once that is permitted by public health authorities (parks, museums, spots to visit around Ottawa...)
- Play online games
- Watch live concerts
- Host a virtual catch up session with friends and family
- Do some DIY projects (make sure to pack any required materials)
- Give yourself an in-home spa day
- Create a bucket list for your time in Canada
- Create a vision board
- Check uOCal to know about the virtual events happening at uOttawa
- Go on virtual museum tours