What type of student are you?

Regular students registered in a degree program

International students and Canadian students returning from abroad who are not covered by a provincial health insurance

Read more about your UHIP premium

Student on an exchange involving course work or internship

A student from a partner university taking part in an exchange at the University of Ottawa. The exchange is based on an agreement between the student’s home university and the host university (the University of Ottawa)

Read more about your UHIP premium

OLBI Student

Student studying at the Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute (OLBI)

Read more about your UHIP premium

Special students

A student who has received permission from the University to register for undergraduate courses in order to receive university credits but who is not seeking an undergraduate degree, certificate or diploma from the University

Read more about your UHIP premium

Visiting Student Researcher

A student who is completing a research internship at the University of Ottawa who comes from another educational institution (Canadian or foreign).

Upon arrival, international student-researchers (undergraduate and graduate students) should come to the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) to register, get their student number, and subscribe to the mandatory University Health Insurance Program (UHIP).

For more information, you can visit the Office of Undergraduate Research website or send us an e-mail at urop@uottawa.ca.


Contact the Human Resources team by e-mail at hrinfo@uottawa.ca or by phone at 613-562-5832.

Back to top