Visiting our campus
The International Office is the first point of contact for requests involving international delegations that wish to visit our campus. Our role is to offer advice to visiting delegations, search for common areas of interest with administrators or faculty, and to facilitate the eventual planning and logistics of delegation visits.
- We require 4-6 weeks advanced notice for international visit requests
- During the summer months (May-August) many academics are away conducting research and therefore not all requests can be accommodated
Recent visits on our campus
On September 19th, our partners from Waseda University, came in order to visit our campus and to make a presentation of their university to our academic advisors and the International office.
Mr. Eduardo Barajas, Dean of the Schools of Political Science and Government and International Relations at Rosario University, came to uOttawa on september 18th, in order to discuss with the School of International Development and Global Studies (SIDGS) and the International Office.
We had the pleasure of welcoming Dr. Jana Nittel, Executive Director of the Bremen Institute of Canada and Québec Studies (BICQS), on September 9th-10th. Besides meeting the International Office, she exchanged with Co-operative Education, the Institute of Canadian and Aboriginal Studies, and the School of Political Studies.
- Republic of Congo
The Honorable Anatole Collinet Makosso, Minister of Youth and Civic Education, Congo - Brazzaville, came to meet with the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean on September 4th.
We had the pleasure of receiving a visit from the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) of China on August 18th. The delegation, consisting of the Vice President Mr. Yang Changchun, had meetings with the team of the International Office, the Office of Alumni Relations, and the team responsible for the notification system for emergencies.
- Ivory Coast
- South Korea
Our recent visits abroad
We are present in various fairs EDUEXPOS / Edu-Canada organized in Brazil (Florianopolis, Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Recife).
- South Korea
Requesting to visit uOttawa
- Please download our International Visit Request Form (.xls)
- Complete, save, and email the completed form to our International Relations Officer
- If you are unable to complete the International Visit Request Form please send your request details by email
- All requests are acknowledged upon receipt
Letters of invitation
In some cases Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires a letter of invitation from the Canadian Institution in order to process visas for visiting delegations. Once your visit request is approved please consult the CIC website for the details required on such letters and email this information to the International Office.
- Annual Report 2012-2013: We are pleased to present our recently completed annual report. Please contact our International Relations Officer by email if you would like to request an electronic copy.
- Media room: CALDO launches one-stop-shop service for Brazil’s Science without Borders Program
- Media room: uOttawa to lead team of Canadian universities in academic reform program for senior university administrators in Haiti